Monday 15 December 2008

Oh no, I've lost an eight year old!

This weekend I had a few people over for festive nibbles (they nibbled, I wore a Santa hat), including my nephew Edward, who's eight. He decided to have a go on my new scales (which are, much like the rest of my flat, pink), and we discovered that he weighs just over four and a half stone. And how much have I lost in total? Just over four and a half stone (well, 4 stone, 11lbs as of tonight's weigh-in, actually). In other words, his weight = my loss. How weird is that?! I've lost a whole child! It only feels like a few weeks ago that I was counting up my weight loss in units of guinea pigs (1lb each) - now I've moved on to healthy growing boys! When we realised this, I thought I'd better get a picture so that I could try and make sense of it. Where the hell has all that flesh gone?



I got an incredible response to my last blog post (it's like fan mail and I can't keep up!) and I'm so touched by everyone's interest and support. I've realised more than ever recently that I know some extremely nice people. And I WILL get round to replying to everyone. God, who do I think I am - some kind of dieting celebrity?! Anyway, I've pretty much decided to start Route To Management on Tuesday 30th December. However, I'm going to eat a bit of protein at my work Christmas dinner and at my actual Christmas dinner with my parents in Chatteris. I'll be so close to the finish line that it seems silly not to. The booze, however, will remain untouched until the end of January when it's allowed. But I'm actually not that bothered. If you'd told me this time last year that I'd go without alcohol for five days, let alone five months, I would have laughed in your face (and you'd definitely smell a few vodka fumes...). So, the decision is pretty much made - I'm only a few pounds off my original target, and I'm feeling quite happy with myself. Even though I now have a pointy chin like Will Young.

No comments: