Saturday 9 August 2008

It's not like me to come over all shy...

... but there's something very, very embarrassing about starting this blog. Depsite the fact that I spend every day getting paid for being good at choosing the right words, suddenly my mind's gone completely blank. But that might be because this blog is all about me, and that makes me feel extremely self-conscious. Oh well, I suppose I should just be honest. Eek...

The truth is, after a whole life of being "curvy" (which we all know is just a euphemism for "Look at the arse on that!") I've decided to lose weight. A lot of weight, hopefully. As you may know (assuming you know me - and if you don't know me, then who the eff are you?), I've been wittering on for a few weeks now about starting the Lighter Life diet. If you want to know what that is, Google it - I can't be bothered to get into the technicalities right now. I'll just say that, as diets go, it's pretty serious (but medically-approved, so bore off with your scare-mongering), and the average person loses between three and five stone in the initial 100 day period of abstinence from conventional food and drink. Yes, drink. No booze for me for three months - at least! But I'll touch upon that at some other point. For now, I just wanted to get this show on the road - I went to my first group meeting thingy this morning, and it was really good. I've since started on the foodpacks I'll be living on for the next three months - I have to have four a day, and so far I've had two - a strawberry shake earlier on, and a mushroom soupy thing just now. They were much nicer than I was expecting (the 'shroom one just tasted like Cup-A-Soup) but it's weird not having anything to chew on. I'm not even allowed to chew gum (so all those pesky office chewing gum thieves will have to get their minty-fresh breath from other sources. Ha).


Anyway, this is really just a train of thought, so I'll finish it off with a bit of musing about my targets. I don't want to go into how much I currently weigh (more than Mary-Kate Olsen, less than Beth Ditto. I hope) but I'll say that at the moment I'm a size 16-18 (definitely an 18 if tits 'n' ass come into it, but a 16 in non-boob-squishing tops) and would like to be a 12-14 before Christmas time. I actually really don't care about how much I weigh - it's more about wanting to look good in nice clothes. And, er, be healthy and stuff obviously. Yes yes, must mention being healthy, or people will think I'm really shallow.


So, that's the introduction out of the way. I'm about to clear my cupboards of all edible stuff (definite advantage of living alone - I can only imagine how hard this diet must be for people who have other mouths to feed. I only have Delilah's cat food to worry about) and then try to think about something else. At the moment, I feel hungry, but I think it's psychological - two of my best friends (big up the Nicky and the Daniel) have phoned me this afternoon to see how things are going, and as soon as I started chattering to them, I didn't feel hungry at all. More entertainment and less introspection needed I think, just to get me through these first few days.

3 comments:

TommO))) said...

Nice one Isabel. Good luck. - Tommy

Anonymous said...

Oooh, it's all so exciting, especially for me as I just get to sit back and watch the results rather than put in the hard graft.

I'm not usually into the idea of people thinking they need to lose weight but equally believe this is something that you need to do to prove to yourself you can do it. I definitely think before you die (not LITERALLY, but, you know, before the end of your natural life) you need to experience what it feels like to be thinner. You may well hate it and wonder what all the fuss is about. But at least you'll know that.

And I have to say, without being cheesy or owt, that I honestly 100% know that you will do this. And big up on the blog! More writing = less thinking about eating! Writing is the answer to EVERYTHING, except the overuse of capital letters.

Mad kudos! Many props! LOL. I’ve lost it now. Anyways, call me if you need anything! I’m only forty-five minutes to an hour away!


Geoff Borelli xxx

Anonymous said...

It goes without saying I'm here to lend any support I can. Just look at me as your personal cheerleader!

Luce x